What could be better than spending some time in a cosy place while having a hot cup of coffee and some tasty food? I personally think that discovering all the special little places is one of the best parts about travelling, which is why I am obsessed with cafés and coffee places! Comfortable couches, beautiful decoration and cosy lights make me feel happy and at home instantly. Porto has a lot of those places to offer, so have a look at my favourite ones and spend some time with your friends or maybe just your book there. And yes, I drank a lot of coffee, I noticed that myself while writing this post…
If you’re looking for a place with great food, mouthwatering cakes and delicious coffee, surrounded by a trendy and cosy atomsphere, I’d suggest you check out Moustache. The sandwiches are served with little fries-like potato chips and taste awesome! If you walk into the interior area, you’ll find a nice looking room upstairs wit a DJ table in a corner. So there’s not only culinary highlights to be found at Moustache but also cultural ones. Make sure to take a look at their online agenda and if you’re lucky you can join a party there.
- Address: Praça de Carlos Alberto 104, 4050 293 Porto
- Opening Hours: Monday 10.00AM – 08.00PM | Tuesday – Wednesday 10.00AM – 00.00AM | Thursday – Saturday 10.00AM – 02.00AM | Sunday 02.00PM – 08.00PM
- Prices: I paid 7,80€ for a Greek sandwich and a Latte Macchiato.
Duas de Letra
I’ve read about Duas de Letra in a couple of blogs and I must say – it really IS the place to spend a great time in Porto! I’ve rarely seen something cosier or cooler. From the outside you would never guess that this place is so big, as you have two floors inside and a little backyard with garden tables and chairs and some plants that crawl up a wall. Another wall inside is covered in artsy pictures and posters and you find leaflets with suggestions where you could go as well. I’d say, take those leaflets ’cause when you’re in a beautiful place you can assume that they only suggest to you other beautiful places. The service is incredibly friendly which makes you feel even more comfortable. I think I already declared it one of my favourite coffee place in the world. Great coffee, great food, great location – just a great place to spend some time chatting, reading or studying and definitely enjoying Porto.
- Address: Passeio de São Lázaro 48,4000-434 Porto
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 10.00AM – 10.00PM | Friday – Saturday 10.00AM – 00.00AM | Sunday 02.00PM – 08.00PM
- Prices: I paid 7,80€ for a Veggie Burger Sandwich, an espresso and a tea.
Casinha Boutique Café
Another place you really shouldn’t miss when you’re in Porto. I went for a coffee and a piece of cake. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into when the waiter explained that it’s a Nutella cheesecake. I heard angels sing when I took the first bite! Holy may the person be who invented that cake. The place itself is incredibly beuatiful as well like a modern shabby kind of thing and the service is really friendly. Just like many places in Porto, you wouldn’t guess the size from the outside. This coffee place has a nice outdoor area as well and two not huge but cosy rooms inside. A relaxed and friendly atmosphere in which it’s great just to spend some quality time. Even if it’s just with your cake.
- Address: Avenida da Boavista 854, 4100 421 Porto
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 09.00AM – 00.00AM | Sunday 10.00AM – 10.00PM
- Prices: I paid 4,40€ for a medium sized Latte Macchiato and a piece of heavenly Nutella cheeseckae.
Located directly around the corner from where we were staying, there is a little coffee place called Mesa 325 where I had a great Peanut Butter Banana Bagel for breakfast. Really filling, really delicious and absolutely affordable! Definitely recommendable if you wanna start your day in a relaxed and cosy atmosphere or just wanna have a snack while reading a book there. A place where you feel very welcome, especially because the sevice is so amazing.
- Address: Avenida de Camilo 325, 4300 096 Porto
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30AM – 07.30PM | Saturday 10.00AM – 07.00PM
- Prices: I paid 2,90€ for a coffee and a Peanut Butter Banana Bagel.
Leitaria da Baixa
Following a recommendation by our hosts in Porto we made our way to this lovely coffee place located in the downtown part of the city. It is just as cutely decorated as the places I’ve mentioned before but this time with a kind of indoor-terrace which is great as you don’t hear the traffic but still have some fresh air. They offer snacks like pastry or little pieces of bread and the atmosphere invites you to stay a bit, have a coffee and spend some time with your friends. Or sister, in my case.
- Address: Rua de Passos Manuel 55, 4000-381 Porto
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 09.00AM – 07.00PM
- Prices: I paid 2,50€ for a little piece of bread with cheese and a coffee.